Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And the nominees are...

The nominees for this year's Academy Awards were just announced, with Avatar and The Hurt Locker receiving the most nods.  It should be interesting to see if the new system of ten Best Picture nominees works well, and if it succeeds in attracting more viewers when the ceremony is broadcast on ABC on March 7.  This is by far my favorite television event of the year. 

Another favorite?  Newsweek's annual Oscar roundtable, which is in the current issue.  Conveniently, every actor interviewed this year received an Oscar nomination. 

Also: the final season of Lost premieres tonight!  My head might just explode.

And another also!  My friend just reminded me that Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are co-hosting the Oscars this year.  This is all kinds of awesome. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am especially excited for this year's broadcast because Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are co-hosting!