Friday, September 19, 2008

A librarian who reads

I get antsy if I don't have at least one book to read at any given time. Currently, I am still slogging through The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn, an exhaustively researched, persuasive, but regrettably rather dry non-fiction work by Eric Ives that I started nearly a year and a half ago. Nevertheless, I am determined to finish it, and it shouldn't be long now as I've reached the point where Queen Anne has been imprisoned in the Tower of London.

While attending AALL last summer in New Orleans, I picked up Land of Lincoln: Adventures in Abe's America by Andrew Ferguson. I started reading it this week and am enjoying his chatty tour through Lincoln-centric spots in America.

But back to my compulsive need to always be reading...a new resource for book recommendations (new to me, anyway) is Goodreads.com. You post what you're reading, review what you have read, and can see recommendations from friends.

No comments: