Friday, September 11, 2009

Library school rears its ugly head

Over the past couple days, I spent a few hours organizing all of my CD's. They are now housed in six large plastic boxes under my bed in alphabetical order. What can I say, library school must have engendered a love of order and cataloguing. Each box holds about 66 CD's, and the last one is only partially full, so I think I have about 370. Is that a lot? I'm pretty sure almost no one reads this, but if you do, weigh in on how many CD's you have.

There were a few surprises, both good and marginally embarrassing. At the cooler end of the spectrum: I hadn't listened to Dummy by Portishead in a long time, or Ill Communication by the Beastie Boys, and was happy to see them again. Less cool? My copies of 'N SYNC's Celebrity (which I admit to listening to immediately) and Spice by the Spice Girls. In college, I somehow convinced two male friends to see their movie, Spice World, when it was in theaters. I owe you one, guys.

2 comments:

cc said...

Did you see my FB post about this? I'm down to around 350 (cds and records), but cataloging has resulted in a long list of albums that I am missing or still need.

EY said...

No, I didn't see that on FB, but I'm going to check now! I'm making a list of albums I still need too.